Friday, July 20, 2012

One of the easily available eye shadow palettes in India-Meylon Paris Professional Velvet Touch Creamy EyeShadow Palette

Hello Beauties,

This eyeshadow palette that I'm showing you all today was gift from a friend. Though it says Meylon by Paris on the box, I'm not sure where it is made. I kind of have a love-hate relationship with palette because some of the colors show up & some don't.

The shimmery eyeshadows are my favourite! I'm not so fond of matte colors & I don't usually use them because they don't show up on me. The shimmery colors are the most used ones when I go for parties or weddings.

I once carried this palette along with me & a blue eyeshadow broke & ruined the entire palette. The applicators are just fine! I got a new eyeshadow palettte( will write a post on that later) recently & since then this hasn't been in much use.










There is a little fallout when used however this is far better than the Lakme Eye Quartet that I have interms of fallout. The size of the pan is almost like a 50 Paisa Coin & will last long.

The  shimmery eyeshadows  have a nice staying power for about 4 hours without a base & with a base will last for 5-6 hours & after that the color gradually lightens. The matte ones don't last more than 4 hours with a base.

Price: Not sure! But seen this around Rs.800 INR on Snapdeal.








This is how the swatches look





















Phew!!! Dude this is such tiring thing- taking pictures of the swatches at different angles! Hats off to those guys who do it so beautifully!

Final Verdict: 
(1) This palette has nice beautiful colors that you could use to create any kind of look be it the Smokey, Indian, Arabic , Bridal or any day time look. It is a 28 color Palette that has both shimmery & matte colors.

(2) Easily available on Flipkart, Snap deal at discount or you could even check your local cosmetic shops for better discounts.

(3) The ingredients list shows it has Parabens, some people may have an issue with that.



(4) Decent staying power!

(5) A good palette for beginners! This helped me a lot when I started doing eye makeup.

Do let me know if you know any such affordable palettes(Except brands like Lakme, Maybelline, Revlon etc.) that are easily available & have so many colors.

18 comments:

  1. NICE PALETTE...LOVELY SWATCHES...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah it has, the coral one looks so pretty isn't it!

      Delete
  3. colors are so tempting!!! I jst cant wait to buy it!!price is also reasonable if its 800!do u know any other online shopping site where it is easily available???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah colors are beautiful! Mailed you, do check!

      Delete
  4. snapdeal site isn't opening! I checked on flipkart its 1160 there!!! are u sure uzma its available for 800 in snapdeal???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yendrilla, check with Erica, she might be having!

      Delete
  5. Great work uzma..I found the same one wid less amount that is around 600/-.I m surely gona but it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eagerly waiting to buy it cz its awesome and d shades are jus fantastic nd more over its jus 600 bucks..m loving it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sneha, if it's for 600 INR, that's great! Where is it available?

      Delete
  7. I got in from Flipkart for 1200.00, it seems the blue color pots are little fragile, mine broke too..in snap deal its for 900..but out of stock right nw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i was the last buyer :p and my blue pot broke too :( But gorgeous colors and great pigments and fallout? Barely there!
      Great buy for someone on a budget!
      PS. Checkout BH cosmetics website! If you've got a credit card you can easily buy palettes from there! They ship internationally.

      Delete
    2. Hey CNC, glad you got the palette, it's an awesome buy for beginners with limited budget! Hope you do loads EOTDS & share with us :)
      P.S I thought of buying from BH cosmetics, but I heard of Indian bloggers saying their stuff got stuck with customs & reached late & some palettes were broken too, so not sure when I would muster up the courage to order from the site!

      Delete
  8. Heyy i bought the eye shadow palette finally (Rs.950 on snapdeal) and i love it! (Different shades). Most colours have so much pigment and there is hardly any fallout! A must buy for some one with a restricted budget!!

    I had bought a Maybelline quad in pink tones which is much pricier than this and its terrible. (Rs.400)Too mush fallout and absolutely no pigment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Maybelline quads aren't pigmented? I don't have any quad from the brand!

      Delete
  9. Hey..
    The above review seems so helpful for people looking forward to buy it..

    But can someone please tell me if the eyeshadows are cream base or powder base as the name says "Meylon Paris Professional Velvet Touch Creamy EyeShadow Palette.."

    Please help..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all the lovely comments. You guys make my day.