Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Oriflame Wild rose & Cotton Protecting Shampoo

Hello Beauties,


I have heard a lot about how using Oriflame shampoo leads to lot of hairfall but I still wanted to give this a try considering the fact that this is suitable for colored hair, so I assumed it to be mild & not rough for the hair. So here’s my experience with the shampoo!




What does Oriflame Claim about this cream: Caring shampoo which harnesses the nurturing qualities of cotton and strengthening wild rose in a protective formulation to enhance your colour-treated hair and keep it looking fabulous.



How to use: Apply to wet hair & massage into a rich lather and rinse.




Ingredients: AQUA, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, LAURETH-4, PARFUM, SODIUM CITRATE, BENZOPHENONE-4, POLYQUATERNIUM-7, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, 2-BROMO-2-NITROPROPANE-1,3-DIOL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, ROSA CANINA FRUIT EXTRACT, FORMIC ACID, GOSSYPIUM OIL, CI 14700
Price: Rs.99 for 100ml

My Experience:  The shampoo comes in a pink colored bottle with a flip cap & is light pinkish pearly in color. As per the claims this shampoo is specifically created for color-treated hair but I have used it on my normal hair & found it to be similar to the regular shampoos. The shampoo is runny in texture & has hint of rose fragrance which isn’t too over-powering. Thought this is available in 200 ml, I have got the 100 ml bottle to give it a try before getting the huge bottle. I used this only when I wanted to wash my hair as part of the alternate day hair wash regime that I follow because whenever I used this on my oily hair, it doesn’t remove all the oil so just restricted this to regular hair wash. I have dry hair & I found that this shampoo made my hair frizzy & drier; it just took away the sheen. Touchwood I haven’t experienced any hair fall though Oriflame shampoos are famous for that!



Pros of the Oriflame Wild rose & Cotton protecting shampoo
  • Doesn’t give any hairfall.
  • Has mild rose fragrance.
  • Can be used as a regular shampoo to wash away dirt & grime.
  • Affordable at Rs.99 for 100ml
Cons of the Oriflame Wild rose & Cotton protecting shampoo
  • Makes my hair dry & frizzy.
  • You would need lot of shampoo to wash oiled hair; it doesn’t easily wash away oil.

Will I recommend this? No! It makes the hair dry & frizzy & you would need a lot of shampoo to cleanse the hair. But if you think you could still give it a try, you could easily get this when it’s on an offer.






6 comments:

  1. Bad that it didn't work out well. Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like d smell of dis shampoo but yes I agree u need a lot of shampoo to completely cleanse yr hair ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Thanks Rakhshanda :)
    @ Rids, Yeah it doesn't lather easily :(
    @ Aarthi, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can anyone tell me what are the mild shampoos in oriflame?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nanu,I guess this is the only shampoo I have tried from Oriflame, would suggest to ask on the Oriflame Facebook page about other shampoos :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all the lovely comments. You guys make my day.