Monday, May 2, 2011

Lakme Jewel Eyeliner

Lakme Jewel Eyeliner- This Eyeliner is from the bridal range of Lakme. I have got this last year & if you look at the pictures, it still looks new because the only time I use them is when I go to parties & also because I keep the bottle in the same case it has come with.




What does Lakme claim about this eyeliner:  Bejeweled eyes set ablaze by liquid gems.
 For eyes sparkling with festive preciousness.

Shades: On the website there are only 4 shades( Opal,Jade, Bronze, Onyx) showing up but I guess there are 6 shades in the market. I have got Jade.

 
Shades
 
OpalJade
  
BronzeOnyx

Shell life: 2 Years



Price: Rs.225 for 6ml



My Experience: This eyeliner comes in a nice sturdy clear glass bottle with a twist cap in golden color, the packaging is definitely apt to the Indian Weddings. The brush is thin & it helps in getting a thin & precise line on the lids, it also helps in getting a thicker line if one wants to apply it little thick. The eyeliner dries quick & doesn't lead to any messiness. It stays put until I remove it with a make up remover. I won't say it's waterproof but when I run water over the liquid liner it just stays the way it is, even rubbing  a little bit doesn't make any difference. The color looks very festive & shimmery when applied.Whenever I have applied this at a party I have found people staring at my eyelids.Sometimes when I don't feel like applying eyeshadow I just apply this little thick to give a dramatic look. The only problem I have is that it creases on my oily lids.

Final Word: I love this eyeliner a lot, have applied it numerous time to weddings. So if you are bored applying your regular black liquid eyeliner & want some festive shimmery colors, you should try these.


Disclaimer

All the products reviewed in here are bought by myself, if they are not I would specify it before reviewing.
All the pics used in here are mine and some of them might be from the Internet which I would specify too.










11 comments:

  1. i would like to try the opal. i am a sucker of blue. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bulbul,Yeah, blue looks nice! Actually this reminds me I don't have a blue liner, I should get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty shade, i never tried this liner but your great review is tempting me to try it out. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks BD, I like this a lot but the only con is it creases on my oily lids :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the onyx, while I like the product itself, I was looking for a shimmery black. The Onyx turned out to be more of grey and not true black. Love the product though. Great review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nivedita! :) I haven't come across a nice shimmery black eyeliner, do you know any other brand which has those eyeliners?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to buy the Opal for sometime but wasn't sure if it was good enough,thanks a lot for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Swarnali, Glad my review helped you :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all the lovely comments. You guys make my day.