Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Auravedic Pure Destressing Moisturizing lotion


Hello Beauties I have had the opportunity to use this great product from Auravedic & here's my take on that.

What does Auravedic Claim about this Moisturising lotion: Packed with pure plant ingredients  this super light weight moisturizing lotion actively energizes & revitalizes skin & helps fight the ageing effects of environmental aggressions with it's antioxidant rich formula.
Soothes skin & boosts skin's moisture levels by simultaneously replenishing both oil & water.

Ingredients: Kokum Butter, Mango Butter, Beeswax, Sunflower, Aloevera extract,Ylang ylang oil, Orange oil, Nutmeg Oil,Jojoba Oil, Olivem1000,Oil wax, Purified water, Phenoxyethanol.


Usage: Gently massage on face & neck until completely & thoroughly absorbed. Use 2-3 times a day.

Price: Rs.200 for 100ml

My Experience: This moisturizing lotion is heavy because of the presence of strong essential oils. I have combination to dry skin & when I applied this cream during the day time it made my skin very oily so I decided to use this as night cream but then again I felt the same oiliness. After I realized that this wouldn't work as a moisturizing lotion for face, I continued using the lotion as body lotion for the night & to my surprise I saw this cream did quench the dryness of the body skin. It did boost the moisture level of the skin as per the claims. The fragrance of the lotion is strong, this again could be contributed to the presence of the Kokum & Mango Butter & the essential oils. When used on the body, the lotion gets absorbed fast within few minutes making it soft & supple. This comes in a nice classy packaging but every time I need the lotion I have to take out the plastic stopcock & pour it into my hands.


Pros of the Auravedic Moisturising Lotion
1. Has natural essential oils which are good for extremely dry skin.
2. Makes the skin nourished.
3. Delivers what it claims.
4. No parabens.
5. People with dry & flaky skin will love this.
6.Auravedic is against animal testing and no animal product or by-product is used in the manufacture of Auravedic products (with the exception of honey)
7. Reasonably priced.
8. Packaging is great.
9. Since its heavy in texture, one need just a dime sized amount, so a little goes a long way!
10. Because of the presence of all natural ingredients, the shell life is only 2 years.

Cons of the Auravedic Moisturising Lotion
1.Will not work for people with oily skin.
2. Some people may not like the strong fragrance of the essential oils.
3. The plastic stopcock gives a lot of trouble while taking out the lotion.

Will I recommend this? I will recommend this to people with stressed & aged skin because as we age, skin becomes drier simply because the sebaceous glands are less efficient at producing the natural oils required to maintain the hydrolipid system. This moisturizing lotion will take care of the dry & stressed skin making it nourished & replenished.

Sent by the company for an Honest review

4 comments:

  1. hey uzma,.....good review..any idea where to buy this..me havent seen it at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr.Shivani Thanks !They have stores at Mumbai, Goa, Hyderabad, Pune & Bangalore.
    As you stay in Mumbai,I'll get back to you with their location at Mumbai :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Uzma..I have somehow weirdly dry skin on my body, despite having a combination skin on face...so I feel I can give this a try for sure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cali, Same to chame ;-) I have dry skin on the body & I tried this as a body cream & found it to be very effective :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all the lovely comments. You guys make my day.